Know SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Exam Pattern, Selection Process, and Marking Scheme from this article. We have tried to provide a detailed description of SSC JE Syllabus and related criterion. The SSC JE exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for Junior engineer posts in mechanical, civil, electrical, contract and quantity surveying. This notification was released on 12th of August 2022. Since then the candidates have started applying for it online. In this article, you will find information of syllabus, marking scheme etc.
SSC JE Syllabus 2022
Candidates appearing for the SSC JE Electrical Exam must check the detailed syllabus and exam pattern before starting their exam preparation. There will be two papers; I and II. So, the candidates have to appear for both of them.
Kindly check the syllabus, exam pattern, negative marking and other details prior to the exam. When the candidate will click on this link: SSC JE Syllabus, they will get the complete details of it. They can even download the syllabus from this link.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
We have discussed the exam pattern for both papers so that the students can prepare for the exam according to that. This helps them to conduct mock tests on their own. Ultimately, this helps to achieve a good score in the SSC JE exam.
Paper I Exam Pattern
|Paper||Questions and Marks||Time Duration of Exam|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning, Awareness||50 marks||2 hours|
|Part –A General Engineering||100 marks|
|Part-B General Engineering|
|Part-C General Engineering|
Paper II Exam Pattern
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)||300 marks||2 hours|
|Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)|
|Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)|
The above two tables give the information on the exam pattern for Paper I and II. Now, we will be sharing some important dates that are associated with the exam.
|Important Dates for SSC JE|
|Dates for online applications||12 August to 2nd September 2022|
|Last date||2nd September 2022|
|Offline Challan Date||2nd September 2022|
|Online fee payment Date||3rd September 2022|
|Date of Form Correction||4th September 2022|
|Computer-Based (CBT) Exam||November 2022|
We have taken this information from the main portal of SSC JE. You can also check this detail by logging into the official website. Then under the “Latest News” section, you will find the link to “Notice of Junior Engineer” When you will click on the link, you will be redirected to a different web page. From there, you will see the above-mentioned detail.
When the candidates will be selected for the JE role, they will have to pass two tests. These are –
- Paper I Computer-based test (Prelims)
- Paper II Descriptive test (Mains)
- Document Verification
The candidates have to carry the following documents with them for verification.
- 10th and 12th class endorsement and imprint sheet
- Graduation imprint sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Standing endorsement when required
- PwD testament
The candidates must note that there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. This factor can affect the score, so, be careful with this one. We have discussed the marking scheme already under the exam pattern heading. You can check it from there.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning will comprise 50 questions
- General Awareness includes 50 MCQs
- General Engineering will consist of 100 objective-based questions
This is simply a reflection of the marking scheme. However, you can check it from the main portal.
Important Instructions for SSC JE 2022
- Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam hall
- They must reach the exam centre 60 minutes earlier before the exam
- No electronic gadget or item is allowed on the premises
- The circles of the OMR sheet should be darkened properly
- Instructions from the invigilator need to be followed
Steps to Apply for SSC JE 2022 Exam
- The candidates have to register themselves at the official website www.ssc.nic.in
- They need to use a valid email address for the registration process
- Now, log in using the registration ID and password
- Fill in the details as required
- Documents such as a scanned photograph, signature etc. must be attached with the application form
- Pay the application fee using any online method
- Click the submit button
- Take the printout
These were some of the steps for the candidates who have not applied for the exam. We would advise the candidates that proper planning and study strategy are vital before appearing for the SSC JE exam. This is one of those competitive exams which are tough in difficulty level. Approximately 6 to 8 months of continuous practice of the questions is helpful.